The crypto Market have seen some good gains since January as the year began. Other revolving parts of the different assets classes has seen some gains as well including Gold from the commodity market and the S&P500. Speculatively the bear market is still in play according to some analysts, while others say otherwise and that this could be the beginning of the bull market. While it is dicy either the bear market is over or not, these are 5 things you should consider if the blood bath decides to prolong.
During a bear market, some recommended actions to consider include:
- Do not panic and sell off your investments – this can lock in losses and potentially miss out on future gains.
- Rebalance your portfolio – consider selling overvalued assets and investing in undervalued ones to maintain your desired asset allocation. A typical example is looking for potential alts.
- Consider dollar-cost averaging – investing a fixed amount of money at regular intervals can help average out the cost of investments and reduce market timing risk.
- Consider adding defensive investments – such as stable coins, DAOs, and commodities, to reduce portfolio volatility.
- Stay invested for the long term – bear markets are temporary, and historically, the crypto market has always recovered.
It’s important to remember that each person’s investment strategy will depend on their individual financial situation and goals, so it may be helpful to do your own research or consult with a financial advisor before making any major changes to your portfolio.